Image Map

Friday 17 October 2014

Five for Friday

Wow!!! I can't believe how long this week has felt! I am usually found exclaiming 'OMG I can't believe it is the weekend already!' but this week has d.r.a.gged!! It's all good though- I've loved almost every moment of it!

I'm very excited to reflect on the highs of the past 5 days with my very first 'Five for Friday' link-up!

So here goes…
My week was off to a super start because the beautiful flowers my co- KS1 teacher had bought me were still looking beautiful. So, even on a Monday where I had a lot of SLT things to do, I set off for work smiling! 

I had a formal observation this week and, of course, the internet was down!!! Luckily I was able to move things around and my kiddies loved using the resources I had made. We were right in the middle of our 'Camp Learn - a- Lot' unit of work- the children loved it! I will be blogging more about it this weekend so keep your eyes peeled! 

We're coming to the end of our first Learning Challenge and we are loving using the Focus Education approach to teaching our Themes. This half term we have been discovering 'What's down at the bottom of the garden?' as our BIG question. My kiddies astounded me with their artistic flair in response to this week's Learning Challenge- 'Who has captured the beauty of plants?'.
This is one of my mini van Gogh's interpretation of  his sunflowers 


So... my useless computers actually worked this week and in their independent learning time some of my kiddies did me proud and made up their own version of The Gruffalo- speech bubbles, text, gorgeous illustrations- the lot!!! I love to see them using the areas to further their learning and not just for play. Don't get me wrong- I'm all for learning through play but this just shows me what self aware and self motivated little people I have the privilege to help guide. 


Today we set off on a 4+ mile round trip to the park- walking- 43 children- no toilets- main road- WE SMASHED IT!! 
At the park we began to think about our final Learning Challenge 'Why are there so many leaves on the floor?' and their pre- knowledge and predicting was amazing! They bounced ideas off each other so quickly I almost couldn't keep up and they made some super links to other LC's! Perfect!
 The best part of the morning though was getting to watch their little faces as they rummaged through the leaves and discovered conkers and acorns galore!!! It was lovely to see children just being children and learning so much along the way.
I love this pic- 'It's bigger than my head!' he exclaimed!! 
And to top off a pretty busy but awesome week I've also set up this thing- my teacher blog- and snagged myself a pretty gorgeous blog design from the lovely Lindsey over at L Paull Designs - If you are wanting to give your blog a bit of pizzaz then defo pay her a visit!

Have an awesome weekend lovelies 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a line Xx

Popular Posts

L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for AllFonts by KGFonts